Sunday, 10 September 2017

Went up to Heage windmill for a brew and a looksee.

Me and Grant rode up to Codnor and met up with a few of the usual suspects. Had a splendid autumnal meander courtesy of "road captain" Andy to another Heage Classic bike gathering. Saw a nicely modicated Beeza using a Honda 600 engine that looked it grew there.

Saturday, 5 August 2017

Some time ago the exhaust spigot broke off the cylinder head of the AJS.

I got it brazed back on but knew it would only be a temporary repair. The other day as I was re-fitting the exhaust after looking at the kickstart bush, it broke off again. This time I did a better job, had the head faced and bored to take a new spigot with a flange on it. Plenty of area to allow me to silver solder it back together for a permanent fix.

Monday, 10 July 2017

Sunday sunshine!

Went for a ride out to CMC for their British bike show, then up to Pleasley Pit to the transport festival. Cracking weather, bikes and folk!

Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Time for T!

Wanted to put some ridiculous 'bars on the SR, was gonna put some apes on, but didn't want to have to extend the wiring just yet. I've had these T bars hanging around for ages........

Thursday, 29 June 2017

Back to the front!

Before I messed around with the carb and exhaust on the SR I thought it would look better with a 21" front wheel and longer forks. I'd discovered through surfing the bay of fools that Honda XL185 Marzocchi forks were the same diameter as the ones on the Yam. This meant that I wouldn't have to mess around adapting some Honda yokes. Also because they are leading axle, the front end wouldn't be jacked up at a daft angle, they would just extend the wheelbase a little. What I didn't realise was the Yam yokes are 16mm wider than the Honda ones, so when the front wheel arrived I had to make new spacers, adapt a spindle and extend the brake plate to meet an equally extended fork leg boss.

Saturday, 3 June 2017

I've been riding the SR250 to work and back but been unhappy with the carb.

I think the standard cv carb is still slightly blocked in the pilot circuit from standing so long and there are pin holes in the diaphragm. Thought I'd make a manifold to fit an Amal concentric, I know these a little better than the original cv setup. It's running now and with a little rejetting and fettling should be fine.